Saturday, October 25, 2008

French Toast for breakfast!

Hi Kevin!

Today, Rock, aka Grandpa, (he's the cook at the bed and breakfast) made French Toast for breakfast. I know you're not supposed to play with your food but this is what I did with my French Toast.

In case you want to make FT like this at your house, Rock uses Italian bread. (Very funny...Italian bread for French Toast, I don't know why he doesn't use French Bread!) He mixes up an egg and cream (or milk) batter with a little bit of cinnamon. Whisk it up and dredge the bread through it and then turn the bread over and do the other side.

You need a really hot griddle or frying pan with butter melted in it. The bread and egg mixture should sizzle when you put it on the griddle. Cook one side until it is nice and brown and then turn it over with a spatula and cook the other side.

You can use blueberries, strawberries and raspberries to make this face. What other fruits would make a good face?

By the way, the way you say 'French Toast' in French is 'pain perdu' (pan per dyo). It means 'lost bread' because it is usually made with bread that is old, not fresh. But Rock uses fresh bread, in case you were wondering.

Your friend,

Flat Stanley

(Note from Rock...I don't use French bread for FT because it is too small. We like our FT BIG around here, so we use Italian bread, which is usually larger in diameter than French bread.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my best to answer any questions, but I may be busy traveling, please be patient. Flat Stanley